BUSINESS MENTORING EVENT
At the Event:
- * Attendees arrive and mingle. Guests are offered light refreshments. Representatives of the host's company and the BMA/DMC contacts welcome and talk with guests.
- * Guests are asked by the host representative to register on a log so that follow-up can be done.
- * The host formally welcomes the group, and the attendees introduce themselves sharing names and company affiliation. The host will talk briefly about his/her company and their involvement with mentoring. If there is no guest speaker, the host will go into more detail about his/her company's program.
- * The host will then introduce the DMC representative who will talk about the DMC's vision and the need for mentors throughout the state.
- If a BMA member is present, the DMC representative will then introduce him/her and he/she will talk about the partnership and reasons why he/she supports mentoring.
- The mentoring video is shown - Mentoring: A Smart Business Investment or Everybody Wins.
- * The guest speaker is introduced by the host and addresses the group for 10-15 minutes.
- The mentor coordinator is introduced by the BMA/DMC contact and addresses the group for 5 minutes.
- Time should always be reserved for questions and answers.
- If possible, the BMA/DMC contact should speak with each new prospect to gauge their level of interest before they leave.
After the Event:
- * Thank-you letters should be sent out to the host (by the BMA/DMC contact) and all attendees no later than one week after the breakfast. In consultation with the host, it should be determined who will send these letters. The BMA/DMC contact can provide the letters for signature if requested by the host.
- * In consultation with the host, follow-up calls can be made by the BMA/DMC and/or the host to explore the attendee’s interest in any of the options for involvement.
- Once a local business is identified as a mentoring partner, the BMA/DMC contact should follow-up with an employee presentation to help recruit new mentors within the company and support the business mentor coordinator.
Items BMA/DMC can provide for the breakfast:
- Business Mentoring Brochures
- Sign-up sheet for attendees
- Video (Mentoring: A Smart Business Investment or Everybody Wins)
- TV with VCR/DVD capabilities
- Business Cards
- Name Tags